There are many ways to set up milestones. For more options, see the full list here. This article reviews milestones that track something other than hours, how it'll appear on a report, common examples, and how to configure it.
Common Scenarios of Non-Hourly Milestones
This configuration is when an organization doesn't need to track hours, but something else in their organization, as long as it's a numeric field. Examples include:
- Money Donations
- Objects Brought
- Events Attended
How to Set Up:
To configure milestones by activities, go to your Organizer Dashboard
1. Create Your Other Field
Click on the Settings tab, then click on Hour Log
Click on Add Field to add a field that you would like to manage other than hours. Insert a title and make sure that the field type is a Numeric Text Field.
For additional field options, click on the "+" sign next to the title.
- Description: short text to help your volunteers understand the field
- Required: Volunteer won't be able to submit until that field is filled out
- Organizer Only: ONLY the Organizer (the owner and manager) will be able to see this field
- Collapsed: The field options will be collapsed until they are expanded
2. Create Milestones For The New Field
Next, under the Settings tab, click on Milestones
3. Set Up Your Time Frame
You can also set up a custom time frame. For example: if you want to set up hours for a school year that runs from September to June, you would select Every 1 Year starting on 9/1/2018.
Milestones automatically reset after each specified timeframe, until changes are applied or turned off.
To remove milestones: